Monday 8 November 2010

Belated update and a new start!

It's a long time since I blogged, and I don't really have any excuses! The good news is that I've tried to stick to a paleo/primal blueprint style of eating and have continued to lose weight. I've reached as low as 11st 2lb, but am at around 11st 8lb now, with the scales telling me I'm 18.5% body fat. I can't say it's been easy as I'm still very attracted to sugary chocolate! I've fallen off the wagon and eaten wheat during the summer but each time when I've stopped eating grains I feel a lot better so I'm determined to stay grain free, despite the constant temptation of biscuits, sandwiches etc!
Training in the spring and summer was easy relative to the autumn, and late summer was really difficult, just when I needed to up my game for the Cardiff half marathon! I finished the half marathon in 2hrs 7 mins, but it was really difficult and I should have done lots more training. I'm now training for a 10k race in December which I think will be easier to prepare for, and intend to follow a better structure of intervals, hill work as well as a weekly longer run, but trying to avoid chronic cardio! I'm also really interested in Crossfit, which seems to a brilliant way to get strong and fit. The trouble is finding a gym and the time to go crossfitting!

I promise weekly updates from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment