Sunday 3 January 2010

Day 3 of primal living!

Day two of living the paleo/primal lifestyle went fine with less cravings for carbs. Some nice pork chops and roasted vegetables were the food highlight of the day - yum!

So now onto my "before primal" body measurements, which I took yesterday morning:
Height: 5'10" (178cm)
Weight: 12st11lbs (179lbs, 81.3kg)
BMI: 26 (over-weight!)
Chest: 38.25" (97cm)
Waist: 39.5" (100cm)
Hips: 40" (101cm)
Arm (bicep): 12.25" (31cm)
Thigh: 22.5" (57cm)
Calf: 13.75" (35cm)

So overall, according to my BMI I'm officially over-weight and although the BMI isn't necessarily an accurate measurement the tape measure highlights my "roundness"! My waist measurement was quite scary, how come I'm wearing 34" jeans - I guess as I'm not Simon Cowell the waist band sits lower, though my hips are as big as my waist.... One of my aims will be to reduce my waist size and gain broader shoulders and chest, more of a triangle than an apple body shape!

Managed 10km on the cross-trainer and did some work outside this morning,. Had a decent size lunch but I feel a bit like I could eat a box of chocolates this afternoon (don't worry I won't), had some cherries as a consolation. Back to work tomorrow, so I will have to get organised to ensure lunch stays primal and doesn't become a sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment