Friday 8 January 2010

Getting into it!

Nearly a week of going primal now and feel less cravings for carbs now. To start with had really strong urge to eat chocolates, sweet stuff in general. Thankfully this has now subsided, and a little 85% chocolate is giving me "a fix" if I really need it.

Finally received Primal Blueprint in the post this week and am about a 1/3rd of the way through. It's an excellent book, with a perfect combination of science and practice. I guess I feel the same way as Mark about the large food companies and their massive lobbying power to ensure governments don't damage their carb based food markets! The book talks from the American perspective, but the UK is not far behind in terms of diet and lifestyle problems!
I feel like I'm getting their with the foods, but need to find higher quality meat, as the supermarket shelves are just full of grain fed meat. Organic meat is generally very expensive compared to conventionally reared, so I'll have to find some recipes that use cheaper cuts etc.

Have done a little exercise but need to read the book to find what regime I should be following. I find it difficult to exercise at a low intensity, I find I speed up and end up with my pulse much higher than Primal Blueprint would suggest. The UK being covered in snow and ice hasn't helped much either this week!

Will try and finish the book over the weekend which will hopefully set me on a clear lifestyle path. No weight loss to report yet, but I'm not overly concerned, particularly as I've been in transition this week and need to start the exercise regime properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment