Friday 1 January 2010

A new beginning!

A new year and a new beginning for me! I've decided that 2010 is the year that I will sort many things in my life. A blog seems the perfect way to track my progress and remind me of my publicly declared goals if I should need reminding later in the year!

My aims for 2010:
  • Eat a better diet through adoption of paleo/primal blueprint eating
  • Exercise regularly and build some muscle
  • Organise our house and reduce clutter
  • Improve our finances
After reading various books I have decided that to improve my lifestyle in a number of ways I will adopt a low-carb, paleo http://www.thepaleodiet.com//primal blueprint http://primalblueprint.com/ lifestyle. I always feel healthier when avoiding wheat and other grains, and the evolutionary theory that we are not adapted to eat grains makes perfect sense. Many will disagree, but a more basic diet consisting of meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds is the right choice for me. So much modern food is based on cheap grain based products that have far more spent on the advertising than the food content. All that processing removes all the goodness so that all you're left with is a stodgy pulp made palatable by flavourings, additives and fillers to shape it! Natural food sources, organic where possible must ensure the best health, as at least your body knows what it's digesting!

Various blogs say the transition to low-carb isn't easy but I will give it my best shot with the aim of losing the "spare tyre" around my waist, and building some muscle! I've tried various diets before, but I intend this to be a lifestyle change, not a short-term fix!

Next blog I'll add a photo and some measurements for the important before and after comparison!

For now, happy new year, and good luck in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment